Monday, November 27, 2006

Chatting With Lana Turner - Plus Today's Fashion Tip!

Dahlings -

Tonight I turn my attention to lighter topics. It's time to start Christmas Shopping for all of your loved ones, and what better place than my store, Elisa's Bounteous House of Style (link at your right)? The Vintage Blowout Sale is still going on, until November 29th. And I am also stocking my store with plenty of goodies for her, him, and the four-legged set. For example:

Patrick Cox black satin evening slippers with rhinestone buckles:


Cunning little Christmas wreath pierced earrings:


Goldtone faux ruby brooch by Monet:


Vintage stunning 50s R&K Originals turquoise wool dress, size Large:


Vintage 60s tan wool Italian cut man's two-piece suit, 42 Long:


And so much more! Yes, it is indeed a great deal of work, but as long as my personal assistant scurries at the sound of my footsteps, it is all getting done.

Which is how it should be, n'cest pas?

This weekend I attended a seance, and who should pop in but my dear dead friend Lana Turner. Lana is such a delight. We sat in the corner and chatted about the recent revelations about the bisexuality of both Katherine Hepburn and her longtime beloved, Spencer Tracy (or "Ol' Granite Face," as Lana calls him). Although it is a trifle unnerving to picture Spencer in a passionate clinch with Jimmy Stewart, as Lana said, "They can say anything about you after you're dead, and I oughta know."

Lana is a trifle envious of today's stars, who can be openly, even annoyingly, gay (Rosie O'Donnell leaps to mind), or bisexual (Madonna, although I doubt whether she notices her bed partners--she is far too busy staring at her ceiling mirror). Lana herself prefers gentlemen, but her daughter is a lesbian and it does not bother Lana in the least. "For one thing, women smell so much better than men," she remarked to me. "Anyway, most women. Some of 'em smell like tuna that's been out of the can too long, if you catch my drift."

If she had been corporeal, I would have patted her hand and agreed. But maybe it's better I didn't. One would have hated to have one's actions misconstrued.

Ciao,
Elisa and Bucky The Wonderdog

TODAY'S FASHION TIP:
"As a seller, I feel black velvet....all velvets, but particularly black.....is the most underrated textile in the vintage world. It indeed is more common, and as dressier items tended to be the ones people held onto, it's more plentiful. But despite that.....it's still the most elegant. Easily accessorized, instantly glamorous. "
Vintage or Bust, the eVintage Society blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...