Thursday, May 10, 2007

I'm In The New York Times, Dahlings!

DAHLINGS -

I am in shock. Complete, delighted, utter shock. Today my maid brought my breakfast to me in bed on an antique teak tray (a croissant, some huckleberry preserves from Montana, and a very large pot of coffee), along with the morning paper. Bucky had slipped from his dog bed and hopped up beside me, hoping for some crumbs.

As I was idly flipping through the Thursday "Styles" section, I saw a picture that made me gag on my croissant.

At first I thought it was a deathly ill victim of some rare disease doing a Public Service Ad, but then I realized it was the illustration to "The Collarbone: Connection To Slimness" by Kara Jellessa.

The newest trend, besides hideously bony knees, is the re-appearance of that most dreadful sign of gauntness, the clavicle. And dear readers, you all know how I feel about clavicles--COVER THEM UP, FOR GOD'S SAKE! This model had collarbones large enough to catch leaves in on a windy day! It was ghastly. For the sake of you all, I leave it to your imagination.

But I read the article, and to my surprise, your faithful correspondent was QUOTED. Yes, my screed on allowing women to look like women was before me, in black and white that smeared on my beautifully manicured hands, in The New York Times!

Here is the link, so you may slaver with envy:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/10/fashion/10clavicle.html?ref=fashion

My only, tiny, quibble is that they did not provide a link back to this blog. But who can quarrel with the Great Gray Lady? Not moi, that is for sure.

Ciao,
Elisa & Bucky the Wonderdog

P.S. Latest news! New York writer/editor Carol Rial will be interviewed in this blog next week for the Great Collarbone Rebuttal.

And a reminder, dahlings, Meg Cabot (Princess Diaries) will be interviewed on her new book, Queen of Babble, in early June. I will post a special blog for your questions for Ms. Cabot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...