Friday, May 21, 2010

Would You Buy Fashion From Der Fuerher?

DAHLINGS -

It's official: I have no soul. It tickles me that a Sicilian boutique is outraging the world (and raising its profile) by having an ad with a pink-clad Adolf Hitler as its centerpiece. The boutique is called New Form.






There has been much fulminating in the world press over this ad, which is on huge posters. So I will spare you my particular "blah blah this is an insult to the people of the world blah blah cannot forget this infamy blah blah blah Satan blah." I think it's funny. For one thing, Hitler had notoriously bad taste in leisure wear. He mixed plaids and stripes, decades before it was accepted. And he was a coprophiliac, which had to wreak havoc with his shirts.

I already told you, I have no soul. Even my dear dead friend Lana Turner would probably agree.

The posters will soon be taken down when New Form launches its next campaign featuring Chinese Communist leader Mao Tse Tung. If you care to comment, besides informing me I have no soul, list which despot you think should be advertising fashion.

It makes such a refreshing change from Gisele Bundchen.

Ciao,

Elisa & Bucky the Wonderdog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...