Tuesday, July 12, 2011

There Are Times When NYC Is NOT The Place To Be!



DAHLINGS -

And today is one of them! I sit here in my air conditioned Art Deco office, dictating my blog thing to Leo, who has been having MOST insolently of late--

GET THAT EXPRESSION OFF OF YOUR FACE, OR I'LL TURN OFF THE AC IN YOUR ROOM AGAIN!

As I was saying. My beautiful (featured in Architectural Digest) oceanfront mansion in the Hamptons is being RENOVATED. To be precise, it WAS being renovated. IT IS STILL BEING RENOVATED! The contractor is three months behind schedule! All of those bribes for nothing. I'd ask for my money back if I hadn't given to him illegally. Certaines personnes ne vivent pas à leur part d'un marché.

The consequences of this are that, aside from the occasional jaunt out of town or out of the country, your faithful correspondent is trapped--TRAPPED, I tell you!--for the summer in New York.

There's a reason the ballad is not called "August in New York." Damn.

Ciao,
Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...