Friday, September 2, 2011

Mercedes Benz Fashion Week And September 11

DAHLINGS -



It's still a tad hot and sticky here in my beloved Manhattan. Which only makes it all the more unreal that Mercedes Benz Fashion Week comes lumbering into town next week. AND during the media orgasm of celebrations/memorials/we will never forget thingies to commemorate the 10th anniversary of September 11th. Good timing, organizers.



Bad enough that we shall have to view the same horrific images countless times. Bad enough we have to view George W. Bush. Even worse, Dick Cheney. I might have had sex with him but I am still doing penance for it.



A ridiculously young moi with Dick Cheney back in the day



The schedule for MBFW is not on my desk. I plan to spend September 11 at home. With the flat screen off.



One good aspect to this is that the fashion world is probably too unimportant to the rest of the world to get blown up.



And your faithful correspondent is delighted to note that "vintage" is in again, as in mid-20th century. No amount of money would get me into a disco jumpsuit again. But as for the 40s and 50s, I'm ready to squeeze into my corset and wow the public as always. Fletcher is too much of a shy flower to accompany moi. One cannot risk him peeing in fright on Fern Mallis. One doubts she would have much of a sense of humor when it comes to canine urine.



So, good luck to all of my cohorts who are busily packing to come to New York. Take my advice and take the train. Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it, and we don't want anyone blown up.



Ciao,

Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...