Thursday, February 22, 2007

More On Haute Cou-Poor! Plus Today's Fashion Tip!

DAHLINGS -

I have barely a moment, but I thought I'd dash into the office, where my idiot of an assistant has been making transatlantic phone calls for me (thank GOD for this Internet thing!).

OKAY, YOU LUMP, START TYPING! I'M DICTATING! AND DON'T GIVE ME THAT LOOK, YOU! NOT WITH THAT CHEAP MAYBELLINE EYESHADOW ON!

As if I didn't know...ahem.

Even though I have been terribly, terribly busy with Mercedez-Benz Fashion Week, the Westminster Dog Show, "Haute Cou-Poor," my program at FIT, has begun, and we had a simply SPLENDID opening party at the Beatrice Inn! Until you have seen Andre Leon Talley with a champagne bucket upside down on his head, you cannot say you have lived. Again, more later. I did want to let you all know that I haven't forgotten you, even though I do for long periods for long time. After all, I am a very busy, fabulous woman and one must parcel out one's mental energy.

An aside: I have received news that that terrible woman who shares my name is opening a show of some kind, called "Pointless Rebellion," down on the Lower East Side (shudder) in some firetrap. You can go to www.myspace.com/pointlessrebelliontheshow if you feel so inclined. The nerve of some people. I have asked her to consider changing her name, but she simply refuses.

Later,
Elisa and Bucky the Wonderdog

Today's Fashion Tip:
Clip Earrings Make A Comeback
The New York Times wrote in January about the return of button clip earrings, a style last popular in the late 1960s. Lucky's March issue also mentioned them. This trend is a boon to people like my grandma, who never pierced her ears and who's been increasingly frustrated with the limited options for the non-pierced.
From "She's A Betty" (link at right)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...