Sunday, July 26, 2009

Matinee New York, Vintage To The Stars!

DAHLINGS -

This morning I was idly watching Revolutionary Road, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Kate Winslet and Kathy Bates. Very dramatic, set in the mid-1950s. As I watched the crowds of men in identical fedoras and suits, I suddenly thought of my friend Sheri Lane, who runs Matinee New York. She specializes in men's vintage clothing. I placed a call, and to my non-surprise, it turned out that Sheri indeed had quite a few items in the film, some on Mr. DiCaprio himself.

Matinee New York has supplied vintage clothing for, among other films, American Gangster, When In Rome, The Good Sheperd, Che, Semi Pro, The Secret Life of Bees, Doubt and the upcoming Taking Woodstock. Broadway shows include Frost/Nixon and Absurd Person Singular.



Matinee New York specializes in clothing from the 1930s to the 1970s, although they do have other eras. I have been fortunate enough to share a booth with Ms. Lane at two Manhattan Vintage Shows, and her wares are among the best and most unique I have seen. She also sells to private individuals by appointment. Here is the link to her website, which is also on the right under "Vintage Links"


So if one of my dear readers is a film or stage producer working on a project, do keep Matinee New York in mind.
Unless your star is Kathy Bates, Queen Latifah or Jordin Sparks. Then, my dears, you need moi.
Ciao,

Elisa & Bucky the Wonderdog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...