Saturday, February 13, 2010

New York Fashion Week, Day One, Part Two

DAHLINGS -

I've scrambled my chronology, completely forgetting that I attended the Vena Cava show down at Milk Studios, where the cool kids go to hang out.

Apparently the inspiration for the collection was a long weekend in Woodstock, although you couldn't tell by moi. This, apparently, is what the designers would wear in Woodstock, alternative capital of the United States:




Need I say more? Somehow there is supposed to be a 1970s influence, but there was not a trace of polyester to be found. Every outfit was accompanied by a squashed black hat, which makes me wonder if this is going to be another Funny Hat themed Fashion Week.

Back uptown, the Farah Angsana show in the Salon was beautiful, magical, and unoriginal. She knows her customer, and sent a parade of magnificent yet monotonous silk dresses, long and short, down the runway. Cobalt blue, rich red, hot pink...to be honest, I would order at least half of them. It seems unfair to criticize something I love, but the collection reminded me of a high-end Oscar de la Renta knock off.




One must be true to oneself, non?

Fashion Week Day Two consisted of lying in bed, coughing up phlegm, and feeling deeply envious that my assistant, wonderful though she is, got to attend the Christian Siriano show.

Damn.

Ciao,
Elisa & Bucky the Wonderdog

Photos courtesy of Wireimages and Getty Images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...