Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Daily Venus Diva Interviews Moi on Plus Sizes & Racial Attitudes

DAHLINGS -

It is 101 degrees outside as I write this! This heat is downright insulting, if you ask moi. Naturally I am sending my assistant out to do all of my errands...he's so much fun to watch when he's suffering from heat stroke.

During Full Figured Fashion Week, it did not escape your faithful correspondent's notice that there was a, how shall I say, racial imbalance in the attendees. For instance, I was the only Caucasian in the Curvy Collective, which, I was told, was one more than last year.

Throughout that wonderful, life-changing experience, I wondered where were all of the Caucasian fat bloggers, the plus-size activists? Most of the Caucasian women that I met were either buyers for large stores such as T.J. Maxx or designers (not counting the beauteous Emme, host of the finale).

I remarked as such to the lovely Cassandra Jones, a plus size advocate, organizer of The Fuller Woman Expo-Detroit Edition, and a contributor to http://www.dailyvenusdiva.com/, a website for all things big and beautiful. We decided to continue the conversation at a later date.


The divine Ms. Cassandra Jones, photo courtesy of www.fullfigureplus.com

And so it was, that through the miracle of Google Talk, we chatted for more than two hours. Ms. Jones is a wonderful interviewer, and the talk ranged from economics to self-esteem to the overwhelming whiteness of Jenny Craig commercials.

http://dailyvenusdiva.com/2010/07/cultural-differences-in-the-plus-community/_

I recommend it. It's a marvelous read! Of course it is. It's moi.

Ciao,
Elisa & Bucky the Wonderdog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...