Friday, January 13, 2012

Welcome To Friday The 13th...

DAHLINGS -

Happy November 13!

And I've had a traditional November 13. First, the maid came in with the news that she had tried to wash a Charles James chiffon gown in the washing machine. She's currently locked in the utility closet.

Then I decided to take Fletcher for a walk in the park myself, since it isn't raining. I concealed my true identity with a peacoat (ugh), sunglasses and one of those conductor hats every woman in New York in wearing. As if wearing flats wasn't bad enough, a young man decided to show me his knife. His explanation was that he was not robbing or threatening me, just that he was proud of it. The young man had stabbed another gentleman the previous evening in a bar fight.

"Don't you think you should put that away?" I asked with as much sang-froid as I could.

"It's okay, I have a card," he responded. As twisted as this sounds, that is EXACTLY what happened. Then he told me that he had a gun in the back waistband of his pants. The young man let me walk away. This is why I have a driver and Leo walks Fletcher.

After I reported the youth to the police, I retreated upstairs for a restorative cup of tea. Oh, who am I fooling, it was a straight shot of bourbon.

Leo came in with my messages. A close relative needs surgery. This day simply keeps getting more delightful, and it's not even lunchtime yet.

I felt this song expressed how I feel at the moment. The first 1.17 minute is a spoken intro, which you can feel free to skip.




I should mention that I am Italian. So this seemed apropos. The original is in the first person, but I couldn't find a proper video for it.

One thinks that this is a cue to spend the rest of the day in bed with Fletcher and a hot toddy. No gentleman callers. God KNOWS what could happen.

Hope your day is far better than mine.

Ciao,
Elisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...