Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Farewell To Ebay

DAHLINGS -

It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that I have closed my Ebay store. I still have some listings up, but not for long.

Being an online seller on Ebay has long been an Orwellian nightware: higher fees are better for sellers; not being able to leave feedback for bad buyers is good for business and keeps the marketplace safe; and its most recent move, changing store listings into 30-day listings that cost 400% more and have to be re-upped every month. "Griff", the friendly, soulless face of Ebay, relentlessly ducks questions as he shills for the company.

Meanwhile, Ebay's reputation has plummeted. How many times have I been told that Ebay sellers are dishonest? Thieves? Misrepresenters of their product?

Other sellers have told me to move to Etsy.com or Bonanzle.com. I have nothing against these fine sites, but it is time for me to move on to other pursuits. I have a book to write, personal appearances to make, and as always, this blog-thing.

Ciao,
Elisa & Bucky the Wonderdog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...