Thursday, February 12, 2009

Top Ten 2008 Fashion Outrages! Part One

DAHLINGS -

Unfortunately, between the Inauguration and my illness, I was not able to post my Top Ten 2008 Fashion Outrages during the month of January, as many others did. Be that as it may, here they are, in no particular order other than none of these should have been allowed.

NUMBER ONE: THE SNUGGIE

Since your faithful correspondent rarely watches television, I was unaware of the existence of this...thing...until I happened to glance over my maid's shoulder while helping myself to some caviar from the Northland. One had always believed that "snuggies" were horse blankets:



To my astonishment, I beheld a commercial showing insanely happy people wearing what looked like cheap monk's robes in vomit-inducing colors. The Snuggie is a sort of backwards bathrobe, and is meant to be worn presumably when nobody can see you. As in your living room with the blinds closed and the lights out--if you have any compassion at all.

However, thanks to fellow Ebay seller morning-glorious, I made the horrifying discovery that some people wear Snuggies OUTSIDE! While I thank her for the photographs of her deeply delusional friend, I must declare this a 2008 Official Fashion Outrage!





(Note the schizophrenic happiness with which this poor unfortunate flaunts her unawareness of her fashion crime; she is to be pitied, not scorned.) And here she drives off, presumably to get the medication she so desperately needs:



But wait! There is far worse!

NUMBER TWO: THE PURSE

Many thanks to my dear friend Gabriel Bell at refinery-29.com for providing this link to the most Godawful purse ever. He warns you not to look, but...

http://highsnobiety.com/columns/sixpack/2008/12/31/dog-x-bag-x-gift/

For my thoughts you'll have to click on the link. Sorry!

Much more to come!

Ciao,
Elisa & Bucky The Wonderdog (who was so upset when he saw the link, he urinated all over my silk-clad lap)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...