Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Oscars Drone On...Does Anyone Still Think Heath Ledger Won't Win?

DAHLINGS -

While I was upbraiding the chef, Jerry Lewis received the Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award and according to one of my guests, "nearly lost it." Now they are doing the Dead People part. How that accursed chef could think I wouldn't spot pigs in blankets is beyond me...

To nobody's surprise, Heath Ledger won Best Supporting Actor. Yawn. Yes, I know he's dead, but that movie was simply too unnerving, and I thought that Dennis Hopper was just as good in "Speed". But then, I am quite used to being in the minority.

Also to nobody's surprise, "Slumdog Millionaire" is sweeping the other awards, all of those funny ones that I don't pay attention to. Most of my guests (and my male companion) are extremely drunk and hoping that Mickey Rourke wins Best Actor. I feel so terrible that he lost his beloved dog! (I think that explains his choice of wardrobe--out of his mind with grief.)


Only a true animal lover can understand his pain, right, Bucky? And no, you can't have a chocolate cupcake, I can't have you making sick on the Aubusson.

Oh my God, what IS Reese Witherspoon wearing? And that eye makeup? Is she playing the cobalt version of Vampira? Oh, dear, someone gave their stylist the night off!



With that nightmarish vision in my head, I bid you all good night.

Oh, wait--how beautiful Kate Winslet looks crying onstage! Of course, she looks beautiful doing anything.

Mon Dieu!

Sean Penn won for "Milk"! Hooray! I am sorry for Mickey Rourke, but what a magnificent speech Sean gave. The perfect antidote to Reese Witherspoon.

I am going off to bed. Tomorrow I will give you my Best and Worst Dressed.


Ciao,
Elisa & Bucky the Wonderdog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...