Monday, January 4, 2010

Chris March Has A New Book!

DAHLINGS -

My wonderful Chris March, my absolutely favorite Project Runway contestant ever (oh, dear, I sound twelve years old) has put together a coffee table book of outrageous photographs! It's called "I Heart Chris March," and it chronicles twenty-five years of his costume and fashion design. With, as Chris says in the accompanying interview, "Many, many embarassing pictures of me". Since I love a good drag queen, I don't find the pictures embarassing at all.

Some of the fun that is waiting between softcovers!

The utterly adorable Chris March (in leopard, of course)

AND
the forward is written by my BFF from Fashion Week, Tim Gunn! This is a fantastic present for your friend who didn't get what they want for Christmas, bear fanciers, drag lovers, costume designers, in face just about everyone (even those closeted members of the Christian Right).

One of my favorite designs from Project Runway was the avant-garde challenge, co-designed by Chris and Christian Siriano:


Chris March has an absolutely fabulous career. His clients include Madonna, John Epperson, Joe Boxer and Tyra Banks, to name just a few. Here is a delightful interview he did for TV Guide:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/VIDEO-Runways-Chris-1013224.aspx

To buy a copy of I Heart Chris March, go to

http://www.chrismarchdesign.com/ilovechrismarch/

You won't find it in your local chain bookstore. While you are on the site, take a leisurely browse. Then order the book.

Ciao,

Elisa & Bucky the Wonderdog






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...