Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Barack Obama Elected President!

DAHLINGS -

I held a gathering of selected friends, both Democrat and Republican, to watch the election results. As the evening went on (and the cocktail consumption increased), the Democrats grew louder and happier and the Republicans grew quieter. Finally they went into the corner of the room and started muttering amongst themselves. Ever the gracious hostess, I adjured them to return to the party, but "party" was definitely the wrong choice of words. "We did, and look where it got us!" one of my guests snapped at me.

I chose to overlook his rudeness and return to the center of the room. When Obama was announced the winner, there was an eruption of cheers both in my living room and out on the street. His speech was quite stirring (even if the occasional cutaways to Oprah Winfrey and her strangely drooping false eyelashes were a distraction). Even your faithful correspondent found herself smiling and brushing away a tear or two.

The only questions I have after last night are:
What was Michelle Obama thinking with that dress??



Here is a graciously stylish woman, wearing a black and red fright that made her look like she had what the tabloids love to call a huge "baby bump". Had she been temporarily possessed by Sharon Osbourne?



What will Sarah Palin do with those clothes? My guess is that they will be donated to the Palin Foundation For Empty Closets, located in Wasilla. Call it intuition.

Ciao,
Elisa & Bucky the Wonderdog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...