Sunday, September 20, 2009

Emmys: Live Blog/Jon Stewart Is My Favorite Garden Gnome

DAHLINGS -

The Daily Show won for Best Variety and Other Types of Shows That Aren't Reality. Mon Dieu, they just showed a clip of Hugh Laurie! Be still, my heart! (This photo is before he got that awful buzz cut. First chin stubble, now head stubble? I don't understand. It could be worse, Hugh could be one of those balding men with ponytails.)

Did I miss the Dead People segment? We're already into Drama. Just as well, far too much death around these days.

Oh, dear Lord, Sarah McLaughlin is singing a ballad...it's the Dead People segment, where a celebrity's popularity is STILL measured by how much applause they get. I'm going back to the bar.

Robert Prosky is dead? Fred Travelena? Ricardo Montalban?

I really must get out more. At least I knew about Patrick Swayze, Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson.

The Mentalist star is very handsome. Too bad the show is lousy. Oh, my, I think perhaps I've had too many Cosoms...cosmos...Cosmos.

Glenn Close looks magnificent...she could give Helen Mirren a run for her money. (She'd probably like to give Helen Mirren a run for her money, but thaté neither here nor there) love the back detail on her gown. "Tot, Tate, ted" sounds like a 60s brock band.

damn this tiny keyboard!

Later. I need another drink.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...