Saturday, September 12, 2009

Silhouettes Saves The Day At The Luxury Spot Gala!

(This is Mademoiselle's assistant...she's still snoring away in the other room while I'm playing catchup with all of this stuff.)


DAHLINGS -

The Luxury Spot Gala Fashion Week Kick-Off Party on Thursday was a triumph! Beauteous Bryce Gruber brought together the most stylish crowd ever, right in the midst of Fashion's Night Out insanity.

If there is one thing you can count on during New York Fashion Week, it's hundreds of young women in black micro-mini frocks and this fall, amazingly high heels.

I was in an absolute STATE because, to go with my gown (a strapless print floor-length silk with a high front slit) I had ordered a pair of gorgeous black lace peep-toe pumps from Silhouettes.com.

Then I received an email that they would not be delivered until:

SEPTEMBER 22nd!

L'indignation! Le nerf! I made my displeasure known, and a delightful young woman in Customer Service not only overnighted the shoes, but included a postage paid envelope to return the second pair! My evening was saved!

The party was held at the Aspen Social Club on West 47th Street, and when I say the free champagne was flowing freely...

Let's just say that I don't remember much after the third glass. Although I have hazy memories of "snogging" with a handsome gentleman in the hotel's back lobby, a wonderland of white leather couches and crystal hanging lights. If one is going to be in a champagne-induced haze, one might as well do it properly.

Ciao,

Elisa & Bucky the Wonderdog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...