Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fashion Week Day Three: Where To Buy My Plus Size Vintage Look

DAHLINGS -

This afternoon I attended the Christian Siriano show, where there were (naturally) not only a celebrities but quite a few Project Runway alumns!

Here is your faithful correspondent backstage!



My beautiful oyster felt hat, trimmed with black ribbon, was custom made for me by Ellen Christine of Ellen Christine Millinery!

And my black two-piece suit with attached collar and cuffs is from Re/Dress New York, a phenomenal plus size vintage and contemporary boutique in Brooklyn! (There is an earlier entry in this blog-thing about their never-to-be-forgotten opening party.)



Their racks are packed full of a huge variety of clothes, from vintage eveningwear to contemporary work dresses, lingerie, all in sizes up to 4X and beyond! I cannot recommend this shop highly enough. During my day there, I felt like a child in a candy store. My driver took me there, but it's easy enough to get to on the (ugh) subway, so I'm told.

During Fashion Week, they are having their own alternative event:


Visit their website at http//www.redressnyc.com/. They also sell on Ebay. Watch for more in the days to come!

Here I am with PR alumn Jack Mackenroth, who patiently let a man take about 100 photos of us together because the man didn't understand how my camera worked.



For more pictures and information, please go to http://diaryofamadfashionistafashionweek.blogspot.com/ !


Ciao,
Elisa & Bucky the Wonderdog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...